Sunday, September 26, 2010

Triumph Brewery Sweet Chili Wings

What I Got: Sweet Chili Wings

Where:
Triumph Brewery
400 Union Square
New Hope, PA 18938

All of my friends have been raving about Triumph's sweet chili wings for quite sometime, so this week me and my buddy Sam decided to order a plate and check them out.  The sweet chili flavor seems to be gaining a lot of popularity, and lately I'm seeing more in that flavor.  We ate outside, so unfortunately, no pictures...

These were very similar to the Wagon Wheel's "Sweet and Spicy" wings, so the flavor didn't take me entirely by surprise.  If chinese food and a chicken wing had a baby, it would be these wings.  They were a little more on the sweet side than the chili side, and I think upping the spice factor on these would really add to them.

Sam and I agreed that a big part of the chicken wing experience is dipping the wings in bleu cheese or ranch, and while we were also in agreement that we would still dip these if bleu cheese or ranch were provided, I don't think the flavors would blend as well as you would get with a more traditional or BBQ sauce.

I don't think that the sweet chili will be my go to for wings, but if you stop by the brewery and want to try something a little different, I'd recommend them.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment