Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wing Review: Mi Ranchito

What I Got: Plate of 5 Jumbo Wings
Where:
Mi Ranchito
Atwood Street
Pittsburgh, PA

My buddy Sam (see Triumph Sweet Chili Wings) and I took a ride up to Pittsburgh for the weekend.  First night there, we went to half-price at local mexican restaurant, Mi Ranchito, with my girlfriend and a few of our friends still going to school at Pitt.
I'll be honest, I've been behind in reviews, and I've since forgotten how much wings cost at half-price, but I'm going to say they are somewhere in the range of $4-6 for 5 or 6 decent sized wings.
These are definitely not your average buffalo wing sauce.  Mi Ranchito adds a little bit of a mexican twist to them.  I can't put my finger on what they added, but these wings definitely had a good taste.  It was pretty much what I imagine a mexican-style buffalo wing should taste like.
The sauce had around the same consistency as regular wing sauce, maybe more on the watery side, and they really slather it on here.  In fact, one notable point was that these wings were actually kind of slippery and hard to grip.  Definitely worth a visit, and pick up a margarita while you are at it, I believe there is a special on mondays!
No pictures this time, cause it was really dark...
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment