Sunday, September 5, 2010

Review: Wawa Buffalo Bleu Chicken Wrap

Where to find it: Any Wawa
Price: $4.19
Overall Rating: 8/10

I got introduced to these from my coworker at the hardware store.  With a Wawa just a hop, skip, and a jump across the parking lot and across the street, its a popular place to get lunch from.  Problem is, when you have a half hour and your lunch is around 12:30, oftentimes ordering a hoagie from Wawa can take 15 minutes just to get,  and when you do as much standing as I do, you want to do as much sitting as possible on lunch.

Solution: The Wawa Buffalo Bleu Chicken Wrap.

The Buffalo Bleu, along with a few other varieties, are made daily around 5 am and kept in a refrigerated case, so you can bypass all the suckers in the hoagie line and get back to the break room in like 7 minutes flat.

Appearance: It really doesn't look like much, and had it not been for the recommendation, I really probably would never have tried it.  My all time favorite at Wawa has always been the Homestyle Roast Beef (HRB),  so when I get caught in the tractor beam that is the HRB, its often hard to even consider alternatives.

Taste: I'm not one for nutrition labels, but this thing tastes a lot healthier than say my usual (Arnold Palmer, Homestyle Roast Beef, Tobasco Infused Slim Jim).  Keep in mind, its refrigerated levels of cold. If you mind cold chunks of chicken, you may want to hold off.  Finally, the buffalo sauce.  I have to admit, I'm a big fan of the Wawa buffalo sauce.  Its kind of spicy, but has that right ratio of creaminess to counterbalance it, but it still has a certain tang to it.  It's addictive for sure, as I started craving them on my days off as well.

Value: At $4.19, compared to the hoagies, it almost cuts my Wawa bill in half, but it could be because I'm packing supplements to a lunch to cut costs as well.  In addition to the time you save not waiting for a hoagie, the BBCW is defintely worth its weight in gold, even if it might be on the lighter side, but really its probably a healthier portion than most of whats on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment