Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spatola's Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Location:
Spatola's Pizza
82 S. Main St.
New Hope, PA 18938

What I ordered: A Buffalo Chicken Pizza

My buddy Max modeling with the Pizza
I had just finished a long work week and my buddy Max came to town for the weekend so we decided to hit up New Hope on Friday night.  It's been a while since I had something to review, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone, so we went out to eat and I picked up a buffalo chicken pizza to review.

I ordered a personal pizza, which contained about 6 small slices, a decent size for one hungry person, enough to fill you up, without feeling over full.

I've had buffalo chicken pizza from a few places, and so far, I think the New Hope Spatola's makes some of the best around.  They maintain just the right balance between buffalo chicken and pizza.  Sometimes buffalo chicken pizza tastes confused, like it isn't quite sure what its supposed to be, and the pizza gets over saturated with a combination of hot sauce and bleu cheese or ranch in attempts to compensate for its lack of direction.  Not the case with Spatola's.  They combine the perfect blend of buffalo chicken and pizza ingredients to merge the two into a harmonious hybrid creation.

As far as presentation goes, they get an A+.  Most pizzas are a sloppy mess, but you cannot beat that swirl on top.

Dear God was this delicious!
Overall, I give this pizza a 10/10. I don't really go into town much, and when I do, its rare that I make it past Triumph Brewery or Farley's bookshop, but after this pizza, I think I'll be making more pizza stops when I'm in town.  


1 comment:

  1. Spatola's is really upping their presentation with that fancy bleu cheese swirl.

    ReplyDelete