Thursday, September 2, 2010

Review: Wawa Buffalo Bleu Chicken Tender Hoagie

Where to find it: Wawa
Price: I lost my receipt, but something like 5 or 6 bucks for a 10"
Overall Rating: 6.5/10 or like a C

So as my buddy Ed suggested to me, I should review some things more available to a wider audience as well as include some pictures.  For this review I did both.
While Wawa isn't available to a huge audience, they do span through eastern PA and there are some in New Jersey as well, and well worth a stop in if you are in the area.

This was a difficult review to do, because Wawa makes their sandwiches to order and you can get whatever you want on it and the computer ordering screen doesn't really recommend much, past the bare bones ingredients necessary to qualify for the specialty sandwich.
Anyway, here is what went into my sandwich:
Buffalo Bleau sauce
Lettuce
Onions
Cheddar cheese

Appearance: It doesn't look like much, just some chicken tenders, sauce, and lettuce. See for yourself:



Taste: This could really use some more of that tasty, tasty sauce.  I have to admit some bias, because I discovered this due to the lack of availability of the Homestyle Roast Beef sandwhich.  If you are dying for something warm and buffalo chicken-y, this will do in a pinch.  

Value:  Because this thing has chicken tenders on it, it takes time to heat up, making this sandwich one of the slowest things to prep at Wawa, which really eats into a half hour lunch break.  Maybe on a day off I'd be more willing to get one, but when I'm on the clock, I'm gonna look elsewhere.

P.S. I'm still fleshing out an official rating system, so any input on categories, scales, etc is welcome.

1 comment: